how do I stop this crazy train?

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Maui Originals

I was just reading this article about local Mauians being opposed to the MTV show Maui Fever. The show sucks- I watch it on occasion (its that whole train wreck thing, I just can't look away when I run across it.) Anyway the best part of the article was the interview of a local:

"Abcde Shibao, 16, also of Lahaina, said Maui residents come across as one-dimensional in the program.

"I thought it was kind of insulting. ... They just show partying," Abcde Shibao, 16, of Lahaina told the newspaper. "But (young people are) active in school, community and sports. We do other things besides partying."

HIS NAME IS ABCDE? WTF? I'm surprised his last name wasn't Fghijk! How do you pronounce ABCDE?

3 Comments:

At February 23, 2007, Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I feel fortunate to have never seen this show. I think I would be very sad for the future of teenager's minds if I actually watched it!

 
At March 05, 2007, Blogger Lysandra said...

That show is awful! I hate it and don't watch it...

 
At March 21, 2007, Blogger Katie said...

I think it would be pronounced Ab-suh-deh.

I have never even heard of this show. it must be on some "young people" channel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home