how do I stop this crazy train?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Can I say eww?

Lauren has got a cold, a nasty one. This leaves me wondering if it is ok that I am sort of grossed out by my own child. I love her dearly but... Her nose is on constant run mode right now and she thinks that I am trying to murder her slowly and painfully each time I try to wipe it. Yesterday morning I went to get Lauren out of bed and I immediately noticed a dime sized booger resting gently above her right eyebrow. She doesn't mind wiping her own nose all over her own face so I spend a considerable amount of my day scrubbing boogers off her face and picking them out of her hair. Her feelings get really hurt if I even let the "booger sucker" come into her line of sight. Occasionally I pin her down and do the dirty work of sucking boogers and I think to myself "it's a good thing they don't list the job description for being a mom." Can you imagine all that we do written out? People would never have children, "must be profficient at sucking boogers from small angry thing's nose etc..." Maybe they should write it all down and issue it to highschool girls with a small disclaimer at the bottom that reads "keeping your legs crossed is the best way to avoid this job" Might slow the little rabbits down. Anyway, Lauren and I are both staying "in" this week other than the occasional trip to Wal-mart because no one there cares about the snot running down her little face, they don't even give it a second glance. Apparently I look like an enormous tissue to my daughter because she never passes up a chance to swipe snot across my shoulder or whatever happens to be closest to her face (Wal-mart folks don't care about a snotty shoulder either). I guess sometimes I look like a tissue and sometimes I must look like a giant slab of beef jerkey because she has recently become interested in trying out her new teeth on my skin. No one elses, just mine. Lucky me!

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

This is so gross, but one time at Walmart in Anchorage I kept smelling poop..I looked down and saw a streak of it on the floor...and it went clear across the store. Not even kidding. So snot is like NOTHING at Walmart.

I hope she starts feeling better soon!

 
At September 28, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

You asked about backpacks for carrying kids...I have a kelty one that I bought used. Its about 4 years old. Once I figured it out, I do like it. I think that Kelty makes a lighter one now. Also, Check out:

http://www.sundrybuzz.com/2006/09/19/deuter-kangakid-backpack-child-carrier/

She seems really happy with her carrier!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home