how do I stop this crazy train?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dillards' new program for lowering self-worth

I drug my little shopping buddy to Dillards because it is bonus time at Clinique. For whatever reason I always feel that I have to have the bonus, which usually just consists of a cute makeup bag and some tiny makeup. Fully aware that I have at least 5 or 6 of these cute makeup bags already gathering dust under my sink, I made my way up to the counter to get one more cute makeup bag filled with tiny makeup pieces that are never my color. As she is handing me my bonus she says, “make sure you tell your family and friends to come down here and get theirs.” My heart sunk as I replied “ umm, I just moved here so I don’t have any family or friends here.” How embarrassing to have to admit that sad little fact. She asked me if I worked and I told her that I was a stay at home mom. Then she said “well Dillards is always looking for new people.” I just smiled at her. I thought to myself oh sure because I’m just going to wake up one day and think to myself “self this is about enough of this stay at home and provide a loving environment to raise your child crap, you are missing your life’s calling!” Because I’m sure that like most of you my dream is to put my degree to work (that degree that was 6 years of pain, anguish and partying), working retail at Dillards. Then I can throw my daughter into daycare with a bunch of snotty nosed kids and people who probably won’t pay attention to her unless she is screaming. Right. So maybe it is sad that I have no friends or family but not sad enough to come work at Dillards, dream on lady!

2 Comments:

At September 06, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

Right ON! What is your degree, by the way?

Love the new template!

 
At September 07, 2006, Blogger Lysandra said...

awesome. gotta love dillards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home