how do I stop this crazy train?

Friday, September 01, 2006

HELP

My daughter loves dog food. It seems that no matter what she is doing the thought of throwing the dog food out of Bo's bowl is never far from her mind. She is drawn to it like a moth to a flame. She can busy herself until she sees an opportunity to get her little hands on some Science Diet and then she is lightening quick! Yesterday I left her happily playing with a box in the living room to go #2. I thought to myself ok there's nothing sharp or otherwise dangerous in here, she seems very content with the box, I think I can steal 2 minutes to drop the kids at the pool. I run back to the guest bathroom, leaving the door open so I can still hear her. I had just sat down when I heard the sounds of the ceramic dog food bowl scrape along the tile and then the sounds of little pellets being thrown across my kitchen. I'm in the bathroom helplessly screaming "Lauren NO! NO NO! That's BAD Lauren NO NO!" I tried to hurry but these things can only go so fast... I ran out of the bathroom with my pants still undone and found her sitting there with two little handfuls of Science Diet, dog food in the living room, dog food in the kitchen, and dog food on her pretty new dress. I would really like to be able to leave Bo's food out for him and just teach her not to get into it, can this be done? Should I give up and just put his food away and hope that I remember to take it down for him? I thought maybe if I just sat her down with the bowl outside and let her play with it to her hearts content she would grow tired of it and ignore it like the rest of her toys but my mother said that was nuts. Help!

1 Comments:

At September 02, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

Girl, I have NO idea. Becca loves the laptop cord...any cord, really, the dog water bowl (can't tell you how many times its been dumped on the floor, with her just sitting in a puddle, happy as can be), remotes, phones, keys....photo albums. Anything but her toys! I have no idea how to keep her contained!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home