how do I stop this crazy train?

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It's been a while

what a lovely shade of blue-green water

getting used to being alone again
sailing with captain pickett
But I am just full of good excuses! First, my child requires no less than 100% of my attention 100% of the time which leaves me doing everything else necessary for the house and myself during nap time. Nap time is just never long enough and now that my little angel has moved the only ONE nap a day my free time is fleeting. In addition to the need for a shower and a clean house out weighing the need to blog we have also been out of country recently! After two long years I finally got my honeymoon! WOO-HOO! Let me just say it is not the same two years later and I am angry that no one warned me about this before I left! There were a few obvious differences between the other real honeymooners and myself. As I sat on the beach desperately soaking up as much sun as possibly (mainly because I truly believe that tan fat looks more attractive than pasty white fat) I looked around and saw their cute little bikinis barely covering their special private areas that have never had to accommodate another human being. Then I looked down at my own body which has not only participated in giving birth but looks more like a mac truck was driven over it. Instead of their taught abs I have what appears to be ground beef (which I was busy trying to tan) hiding my sexy six-pack. As I was staring at these women with 0% body fat I couldn't help but notice that after two years of marriage the P.D.A. definitely takes a nose dive. I started to get sick to my stomach watching all the "I love you the most *smooch*, no I love you the most *smooch*, etc... Go to your frickin room already. Aside from the obvious there were other differences that I wasn't expecting. It seemed like we stepped off the bus at the resort and just sort of stared at one another. This strange silence continued for a couple of days. We managed to fill that empty silence with light bickering about ridiculous things. For instance, he thought the ocean was a lovely shade of green and I believed it was a stunning shade of blue. This actually came up a couple of times until we traded sunglasses and discovered we were both right. After a day or two I realized that we really haven't had to "just talk" or be "alone" in nearly a year and a half. We didn't know what to do with each other. Why didn't anyone warn me? It took about three days to really start enjoying each other's company again and not be weirded out by it just being the two of us (no diaper bag, macaroni and cheese, screaming, bath time involving toys and splashing, diaper changes etc...) We could sit and enjoy a lengthy dinner. No more inhaling my food while exhausting every avenue to keep Lauren from making a scene. We could watch TV, real TV, NO DOODLEBOPS! We could even *gasp* enjoy an adult beverage without guilt (I always fear that the one night I get toasted Lauren will need to go to the hospital and they will think mommy's an alcoholic and start filing the necessary paperwork). Anyway, overall it was a wonderful trip (aside from the airport security in the Bahamas- more to come on this later)!

5 Comments:

At May 29, 2007, Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

YEA, another post!!! (I know I have no room to talk, but you are a much better writer)
I have no idea what you're talking about because you look GREAT in your pictures. I love that pic of you and Mike standing on the boardwalk...very Bahamas like :0) I wanted to get Joe a linen shirt like Mike's but for some reason he doesn't want one. Maybe he'll change his mind after I show him the pic of you two. Anyways, Congrats on finally having your official honeymoon. We're hoping to have ours next year. Hoping.

 
At May 31, 2007, Blogger Katie said...

Wow! You look totally amazing--like a movie star. I'm sure those little newlywed bitches were totally jealous. I'm not even kidding!

I love the honesty! You are hilarious. Not knowing what to talk about without the kid around. Who knew!?

 
At June 05, 2007, Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Fun! And you look HOT!! You guys are sooooo cute together. Nicely done on the honeymoon, even if it were wierd for a while. It will make you appreciate your alone time even more!!

 
At June 07, 2007, Blogger Lysandra said...

Wow you look fantastic! I wish I could wear a bikini but I have too many stretch marks and saggy boobs! Boo! I still haven't had a honeymoon and it's been almost 4 years....sigh! Anyways you look great!

 
At June 08, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

Oh girl, you are goreous! I'm sure the other girls around you were jealous. Sounds like you had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home