how do I stop this crazy train?

Thursday, May 31, 2007

My P.S.A.

Did you know that an itchy boob can be a symptom of cancer? For whatever reason I feel like everyone should know about this! My boob (yep only one, the right one to be exact) has been itching like crazy for a while now. This of course has led to some awkward moments as you can imagine... For instance one night Michael and I were just lying in bed watching the news and he thought I was trying to proposition him when it was really just innocent itching. Anyway, I had to go to the doctor to change my birth control pills (the last ones were turning me into emotional, crazy, on the verge of a meltdown lady) so I figured I would casually mention the itchy boob thing. As it turns out an itchy boob can be one of the first symptoms of at certain kind of breast cancer (this is not the sort of thing you tell a hypochondriac). I started to panic; certain that I was dying and worried that Lauren would not remember me at all. However, after careful examination it turns out that I just have an itchy boob and my doctor probably thinks I'm a freak that gets my kicks from making up excuses to have him fondle me. Oh well.

Oh and if any of you will be traveling soon not only can you only carry on less than 2oz of liquid it now also needs to be inside of a ziploc baggie. I could have punched the security guard (dirty hooker) in the face as I watched her heartlessly toss my good bath and body works hand sanitizer into the trash. I NEEDED my germ killer, especially in a crowed place like an airport or a plane and I certainly needed it while visiting a foriegn country that has God knows what kinds of weird kooties and germs (and this is not just the hypochondriac speaking, lots of people are addicted to hand sanitizer right?). I don't understand how a ziploc baggie is going to aid in our fight against terroism. Can someone explain this to me? If it were a bomb wouldn't it go through a baggie? If it were gas or acid or something couldn't I just remove it from the protective baggie once I was on board? Is it to give the flight crew an extra second to react and mase me before I pull my sanitizer out of it's protective baggie? IDIOTS!

2 Comments:

At June 01, 2007, Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Oh my GOSH!!! You had hand sanitizer...you are such a terrible person. :0) Yeah, there are lots of horrible new rules, but that one tops them all.

Itchy boobs, huh. Interesting. I have to admit...after you said that I thought, "Oh no, my boobs have itched before...I remember the right one itching." As if they only itch if you have cancer. hehe.

 
At June 05, 2007, Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Isn't that sooooo frustrating! I went and bought an entire collection of 2 oz bottles for my crayy-on only trip to San Diego and they said it was only 3 bottles per person. I asked "what should people who only carry on do" and they said "check it". Sorry to hear about your yummy smelling sanitizer :0(

Interesting about the boobies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home