how do I stop this crazy train?

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Does this really happen to other people?

I’m starting to think I have karma issues... So the other day Lauren and I are leaving the dollar store (stop laughing you snotty bitches it is one of my weird/sick/sad guilty pleasures) Lauren was in her bucket carseat thank god or she probably would not still be with us (bless her chunky little heart she's still got two pounds left in that thing). I started walking down the aisle that our car was parked in trying to enjoy the day, suck in my stomach, and not sweat while carrying my increasingly heavy child and we got hit by a car. No seriously, a bright red minivan backed into us (this is the part where I have a hard time believing that this really happens to other people). I was looking the other direction and then all of a sudden I hit something with Lauren’s bucket. I thought to myself "well that’s weird I thought I was walking in the middle where cars were not parked" then I noticed where the bucket had taken a chunk of pretty red paint right off this car and my next thought was "oh shit, am I going to get in trouble for this" (like a fun trip down memory lane, I was so bad when I was younger and certain "activities" would make me even more paranoid- call me if you want the full story) I still had not realized that it was the car that had hit us not the other way around. Still trying to figure out in my head if I should report myself or leave the scene I look in the van to see if there was anyone in it (this being the deciding factor on whether or not to flee). At this point I realized that I was in the middle of the road, there was a woman in the van, she had backed into me, and she was now hauling ass out of the parking lot. It really came in a flood like that and I had to sit in the car for a moment digesting everything. Once it was all digested and I knew Lauren was ok I was really glad that we had managed to take a chunk out of that murderous bitch's paint job. For some reason I had this picture in my head that minivan people were these cautious, mature, parents, who drove with care because of "the kids." The same people, who in my old neighborhood growing up, would stand out in their yards screaming for me to slow down as I smiled and waved my middle finger at them. This image was shattered the day Lauren and I were run over. I now see them as the enemy and I am on the constant look out for minivans and I would encourage you to do the same! Lysandra don't do it! Don't join the dark side!

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

Geez! That is AWFUL! I can't believe she didn't stop and get out to make sure you and Lauren were okay. That is AWFUL!

 
At July 23, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

It just goes to show you that maybe the clientelle at the "dolla store" might actually be worse than Walmart!

 
At July 23, 2006, Blogger april said...

ya maybe this is a sign from god that i need to give up the dolla store lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home